Friday, May 5, 2006

an old favorite ... the friday five

A fellow blogger's post last week alerted me to a Friday Five that exists on the blogosphere. (Yay!) I used to look forward to this every week, and I’ve missed it. Feel free to play ...

1. Favorite birthday cake/ice cream/dessert:
Now it’s chocolate cake, but when I was a little girl, I always used to request lemon meringue pie, which my mom made from scratch.

2. Surprise Parties -- have you ever given or received one?
Not that I can recall.

3. Favorite birthday present:
I’d have to say the Uggs my husband bought for me a couple of years ago. They radically changed my experience of Minnesota winter for the better.

4. What do you think of those candles that won't blow out?
Eh. Whatever.

5. Best. birthday. ever.
I don’t know if there is a Best. I was a little apprehensive about turning 30, though, and it turned out to be such a great day — friends threw me a big party, and I got plenty of words of wisdom from 30-plus people I knew. The one that sticks with me was a woman who told me: “The best things in my life happened after I turned 30.” So far, that is proving to be true for me, as well!

P.S. Speaking of birthdays, a very happy, happy one to Cynthia's 2-year-old son, Dion!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uggs sound like a necessity in Minnesota! In Maine we have some very snowy winters and others that are less impressive.
Thanks for playing!

Cynthia said...

Oh, Emilie, I'm just now seeing your post about Dion. Thank you for wishing my son a happy birthday.
That was so sweet.
Maybe one day our boys will meet and get a chance to play together.