Friday, July 6, 2007

friday five :: what are the chances?

From Kristine again, and also on Liz's blog:

1) Given as a percentage, approximately what are the chances that there is a french fry somewhere in your car? If you do not own a car, what are the chances that there is a french fry somewhere in the car you most frequently ride in?
I rarely eat French fries, and usually only at restaurants, so there is a 0 percent chance of me having a French fry in my car. Now, ask me if there is a Cheerio somewhere in my car ...

2) Given as a percentage, approximately what are the chances that you will eat ice cream sometime in the next four days?
As I write, I have a nearly empty bowl of Cedar Summit Farm chocolate ice cream in front of me and a nearly full tub in the freezer, so I would say ... 100 percent!

3) Given as a percentage, approximately what are the chances that you’ll get a personal, handwritten greeting in the mail sometime in the next week?
I'm to go out on a limb and say 50 percent — I usually get a couple of handwritten notes a month. And just to shore up my chances, I'll take this opportunity right now to ask you (yes, you!) to send me one! Go ahead ... surprise me. :)

4) Given as a percentage, approximately what are the chances that there will be rain in your neighborhood within the next forty-eight hours?
I'd say 1 percent. It's not in the forecast, but you never know.

5) Given as a percentage, approximately what are the chances that in the next twenty-four hours, you will be in the same room as a naked person other than yourself?
Probably 80 percent. Saturday tends to be a good day for nakedness around our house. ;-) Well, 100 percent if we give Daniel a bath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susanne's answers:

1) Given as a percentage, approximately what are the chances that there is a french fry somewhere in your car? If you do not own a car, what are the chances that there is a french fry somewhere in the car you most frequently ride in?
IN MY NEW CAR (THAT I'VE HAD ABOUT A YEAR, THERE IS NO CHANCE, AS I STILL BABY IT AND DON'T EAT FAST FOOD IN IT. AS FOR MY OLD CAR (FROM YEARS AGO), THE PERCENTAGES ARE ABOUT 99.99.

2) Given as a percentage, approximately what are the chances that you will eat ice cream sometime in the next four days?
ABOUT 1%. I'M SINGLE, AND A MINIMALIST, SO I NORMALLY DON'T STOCK ICE CREAM IN MY FREEZER. THERE'S THE PARLOR, BUT I USUALLY DON'T GO THERE.

3) Given as a percentage, approximately what are the chances that you’ll get a personal, handwritten greeting in the mail sometime in the next week?
ONE OF MY CLOSEST FRIENDS, MICHELLE, IN NEVADA, DOES NOT HAVE EMAIL. WE OFTEN SEND EACH OTHER HANDWRITTEN GREETING CARDS. AS FAR AS ACTUALLY GETTING ONE NEXT WEEK, PROBABLY ABOUT 25%.

4) Given as a percentage, approximately what are the chances that there will be rain in your neighborhood within the next forty-eight hours?
I'M GUESSING ABOUT 20%. IT'S BEEN WARM AND DRY LATELY, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW OREGON... I SUPPOSE I SHOULD CHECK THE WEATHER REPORT.

5) Given as a percentage, approximately what are the chances that in the next twenty-four hours, you will be in the same room as a naked person other than yourself?
UNFORTUNATELY A VERY LOW PERCENTAGE. DAMNIT, NOW I'M UPSET BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A MAN IN MY LIFE (OR A NAKED BABY). THERE'S MY CAT, BUT SHE'S TECHENICALLY NOT A "PERSON."

Anonymous said...

1) French fry in car:
100%

2) Ice cream in the next four days:
I still have some vanilla ice cream and A&W root beer I bought on a hot evening last week for refreshing root beer floats, so 100%

3) Personal, handwritten mail in the next week?
Wow. No idea. Since Leigh has been in Canada this month, she might send me a postcard. So...50 percent?

4) Rain your neighborhood in the next forty-eight hours?
I'm betting 0%. It's not supposed to rain in July in Oregon!

5) In the same room as a naked person in the next 24 hours?
Can my dog count???