Friday, October 26, 2007

friday five :: colors

Kristine had this one a couple of weeks ago, so I thought I'd do it now.

**What is your favorite color?
I love certain greens — sage, celadon, forest — but I can't claim green as my favorite color without also saying red. And purple. The colors of the sunset.

**What colors do you like to decorate with?
We've repainted a couple of walls in various shades of green (or blue-green, in the case of the kitchen). Our living room seems to have a lot of red, gold and green in it, and the bedroom is in warm shades of almond, peach and green.

**Is there a color that you absolutely hate?
Not hate, but I'm not fond of grey; I don't really get why it's so in right now. Fuschia is a little too much at times, and I'm not crazy about lime green, either.

**Which colors look best on you?
Muted shades of green, wine, indigo, purple, brown; earthy types of colors, but not yellows or golds or pumpkins. The right shade of red looks nice, too, but it can't be too bright or splashy.

**Which colors do you wear most often?
Wine, green, denim-blue (jeans), brown, black (too much black, but not as much as I used to wear).

3 comments:

kristine said...

sounds like you and I look best in the same colors. we must be in the same "tone"

Anonymous said...

1. What is your favorite color?
Gold


2. What colors do you like to decorate with?
I usually end up with browns and greens, so I'm looking into some new colors to use but I'm not completely sold on anything yet. I'm thinking whites though. For some reason I am attracted to tall, white file cabinets.


3. Is there a color that you absolutely hate?
Pale blue


4. Which colors look best on you?
Rich fall and spring shades


5. Which colors do you wear most often?
Brown, black, green, yellow, red, and I'm starting to add more camel and white.

Anonymous said...

**What is your favorite color?
It really depends on the setting, and the other colors it's against. But if I had to pick a favorite, it would be olive green, in an exotic caravan setting.

**What colors do you like to decorate with?

White. It's simple, attractive. Good for a minimalist like me

**Is there a color that you absolutely hate?
Teal. Especially on plastic objects.

**Which colors look best on you?
Muted pastels. They have to be pretty muted. I'm a summer, I think.

**Which colors do you wear most often?
Black and beige. Too much of it, but I don't have time to do lots of elaborate shopping.