Friday, November 23, 2007

giving thanks

I have so much to be thankful for this year that it seems almost too obvious to write down. But I will. And it's gonna be sappy!

I'm thankful for my health: That my cancer was caught before it spread or endangered our baby, that we had a skillful surgeon who was able to remove it, and that it is (hopefully) gone.

I'm thankful for our friends and family, and Steve's coworkers, who stood by us and supported us in so many ways through the surgery and my recovery.

I'm thankful for our unborn baby, who surprised us all by being conceived in the first place, and who has managed to persevere through some heavy-duty medical procedures and continue to thrive.

I'm thankful for my husband, who is an unbelievably amazing, supportive partner.

I'm thankful for Daniel, who every day causes my heart to swell with whole new kinds of love.

I'm thankful for our home, which is humble and modest, yet reminds me every day that we truly do have all we need in this life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The way your unborn boy persevered through the lenghty surgery is truly a miracle. It really moves me.

- Susanne

Anonymous said...

Also, something I, myself, am thankful for is to have witnessed the way you dealt with your cancer news, Emilie. Especially in terms of the fact that I had so much trouble dealing with my own cancer news 14 years ago, and the reoccurance 13 years ago, and the treatment induced heart problems 6 years ago. Witnessing your ability to deal with your cancer, Em, almost "gave me permission" to have a better view on my own experience.

- Susanne

Emilie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emilie said...

Thank you Susanne. That means a lot to me. Hang in there ... I know it's still rough going for you. {{{HUG}}}