My friend Vanessa (a.k.a. Ahuva Batya, her beautiful Jewish name) at The Anguished Corn has taken up blogging lately, and her nearly-daily posts are a new pleasure in my Internet world. She's tagged me on this little game, so I'll do my best, even though I'm not feeling very imaginative today ...
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules.
3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people.
5) Make sure the people you tagged KNOW you tagged them by commenting what you did.
So ... here I go:
1) I like mayonnaise on my hot dogs.
2) The actor Bill Murray once gave me a $100 bill as a tip when I bartended at a party during college. I spent it at Macy's on a lacy bra and a pair of shoes.
3) I can whistle through my rolled-up tongue, but only on the inhale.
4) The first album I ever bought was Beauty and the Beat by The Go-Gos.
5) I started taking violin lessons in fifth grade, switched to cello in eighth grade, and played through the end of high school. If not for personality conflicts I had with my teacher, which left a bad taste in my mouth, I might have continued.
6) In high school, my friends and I used to play a game where we guessed what each of us would be doing in 10 years. The prediction for me was that I would be curator of an art gallery or museum in San Francisco.
I tag Sarah, Johanna and Carrie.