Thursday, May 15, 2008

little happies

My new tote bag was waiting for me when I got home today, and I love it! I'd been looking for something where I could stash my ever-growing notebook of cancer information, plus books and magazines to take to chemo. It had to be organized, it had to zip across the top — and it couldn't be black. I wanted colors that remind me of life. Anyway, I saw nearly the perfect bag in a store in Duluth this weekend, but it was a little too small. So I went online when I got home and found a larger tote in the same line — hooray! It's natural and earthy and green. (The Sherpani Blossom, if anyone is wondering.) It's perfect for me right now!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I justed wanted to thank you for sharing yourself with the world. I had to have a procedure today. Just after they put the oxygen canula up my nose and were administering the anesthesia, I was apprehensive, but then I thought of you and your postings over the last few days, and it gave me strength. So, thank you.

Tracy said...

Hi, I've been reading your blog for a couple weeks and wanted to say that I am praying for you daily and your family as well.

Thank you for your honesty and sharing yourself, you are quite amazing.

Blessings to you!!

Anonymous said...

That bag is so cute & so you! I LOVE that little flower detail on the front! I'm happy that you can still find time to treat yourself.

I will send out extra special prayers & dreams your way. I'd take your cold if I could.....

-----------

Friday morning at 10 am I will be driving until 10:10 with Zuzu's top down.

Close your eyes and imagine being in the passenger seat. No radio, just the air conditioner blowing on our legs. Southern fields muddy with past day's rain giving off that heavenly scent only Delta soil releases. Only puffy, white, cottonball clouds above. The windblock is up so your hair is blown ever so slightly that it kinda tickles.

-------------
I wish I could blink my eyes and nod my head & make everything better.

If you need a break, take a ride with me down Highway 61!

ly, mi

Kir said...

love the bag, love it even more that there is a "smile" in your voice.

enjoy your new purchase. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome toat bag! I'm looking for a new handbag too. I know how you feel - the ecstatic feeling of having received it and knowing it's perfect and will work. Will if fit a laptop?

- Susanne

K~ said...

Cute bag!
Kathy

Unknown said...

great bag!!! You are in our prayers always.

Soupy said...

Love the bag and LOVE YOUR NEW HAIR!! LOL
hope you are feeling better, honey. You are always on my mind. (like the song, eh?)