Saturday, February 10, 2007

tiny

Today, we went to see Kerry and Eddy and the triplets in the hospital. Oh my word, to set eyes upon a tiny human being (much less three) weighing less than three pounds is ... amazing. Miraculous. To see those tiny, tiny, delicate, fragile hands and eyes and eyelids and noses and lips and ears ... like little miniature doll versions of babies, only moving and blinking and making sucking movements with their mouths ... and their bodies no longer than my foot, practically ... took my breath away and brought tiny tears to my eyes. Steve was similarly moved. As we were leaving, he said to me, impulsively, "Let's have triplets." And then, with a glance at Daniel, who seemed like a giant now, "Well, maybe not."

1 comment:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I forget how small it looks. Our son was 2 pounds and I can look at pictures, but still there's somewhat of a block mentally of how small he actually was in real life.

Yeah--have triplets!