Sunday, July 8, 2007

daniel the lion

Daniel loves to growl. Sometimes he'll just growl, out of the blue, just because he feels like it. And lately, he growls when he's playing with his little plastic lion. Today, we were playing with the lion and his yellow rubber ducky, which usually resides at the edge of the bathtub but today had found its way into the living room. He loves ducks, too, and he always smiles when I show how they say, "Quack-quack." So he had his lion in one hand and his ducky in the other. "What does the lion say?" I asked. He growled. "What does the duck say?" I asked. And without missing a beat, Daniel said, "Caa-caa." Steve and I just about fell over in delight! Is that his first real word?

On a mostly unrelated note (unless you want to go into our possible propensity for a love of words!), The New York Times had an article today about how the new generations of librarians are considerably more hip than their bespectacled, shushing elders. I've always loved libraries — and I love reading and doing research and tracking down information — and when I read the article, a long-dormant desire to become a librarian reared its head. So I've been examining the College of St. Catherine's Master of Library and Information Science Web site, wondering ... wondering ...

4 comments:

kristine said...

that is too cute! i love when they start immitating. graycen has been doing that lately. we will say "baaaaaby" ans she will make a long noise copying or start with the "buh" sound. they're growing up right before our eyes!

Kaosong said...

Emilie--Thank you for stopping by my page! I am a complete novice when it comes to picture taking, but I am slowly improving.

I remember the first time I heard Roan growl. He was pretending to be a dinosaur. It was adorable! Everyday, they are learning so much! He is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Daniel actually looks sort of lionesque in the picture!

I know someone who has a masters in library science. She really loves it (and she's pretty hip looking, too).

Anonymous said...

Em, Neil's cousin has a masters in Library Science. (I think she currently works for a law firm) Let me know if you ever want to talk to her about it! BTW Daniel is such a cutie!