Saturday, August 11, 2007

i'm here

I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, though this blog may make it seem otherwise. For one thing, I've taken to using Daniel's nap time as an opportunity to nap myself, or to reread the Harry Potter books (I'm going backward and am on Order of the Phoenix at the moment), instead of logging onto the Internet like I often do. I have a few writing assignments that are keeping me busy, too. And finally, life has just been crazy these past couple of weeks, and if I started writing about it now, I would be here until midnight. So I won't go into details right now, but I will soon ... I promise.

5 comments:

EDH said...

Hope everything is okay, Emilie - thinking of you! (Enjoy HP!) :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Em,

I read both "Order/Phoenix" (book 5) and "Half Blood Prince" (book 6) right before book 7 came out. Was a very Harry Potterish couple of months!

- Susanne

kristine said...

Sounds like a much needed break. We all need one once in a while.. enjoy it!

Monkeymama said...

It is good to hear from you. Enjoy your week!

Anonymous said...

Em, now that you're refreshed on Harry Potter books 5 and 6, I wanted to share my theory: I think Zacharias Smith (the tactless Hufflepuff who kept challenging Harry's authority as D.A. instructor) is related to Hephzibah Smith (the fat, overly wealthy battleaxe from book 6, who Voldemort murdered to obtain the gaublet and the locket. Harry saw her in the penseive.) I think Hephzibah was a Hufflepuff too, because she had that Goblet that belonged to Helga Hufflepuff. Plus her and Zacharias both have Hebrew names. I suspect J.K. Rowling wanted to expand on this but ran out of time.