Tuesday, March 13, 2007

maternity leave is over

All of a sudden, my life has become so busy. A glance at my calendar finds Liturgy Committee meetings, a two-day lector workshop, lector commitments on Sundays, ballet class twice a week, Early Childhood and Family Education class, get-together with some of the moms from that class, another get-together with some other moms at the end of the month, a leadership dinner at church, two articles to write for the paper, a couple of days going in to the paper to help with deadline while Steve stays home with Daniel, dinner with friends in Rochester, haircut, meeting with custom window decorator from J.C. Penney (!!), Lenten evening prayer services, and so on and so on. And that's on top of my "full-time" job of being Daniel's mom.

What I marvel at is the fact that I am able to keep pace with all the stuff on my plate. I doubt I'd have had the energy for all this a month ago, and definitely not three months ago. If I'd gone ahead with my plans to go back to work after my maternity leave ended, I would have started on March 5. Even without an in-office job to return to, it still feels like my life has kicked back into full speed. Crazy.

1 comment:

EDH said...

Whew! I'm tired just looking at your list. Since I plan to return to my job after having a baby, I guess I will have to forego the ballet classes... :)